Kijabe Waterfalls Hike & Abseiling
Available Date: 6th May 2023 | Any other private day
Grading: Difficult 21Km
Kijabe Hill is located North West of Nairobi and is part of the Great Rift Valley Escarpment. The Trial starts off at the Kijabe Junction, trekking past people’s homes and farms into the village.
After about 3hrs of walking, the trail takes you to the top of the first hill. The descent from this first hill takes another 1 hour with an additional stretch along the railway line before reaching the hot springs and the tunnel. The adventure leads us to walking through the dark tunnel, an underground water tunnel that will test our boldness as we try to reach the other end.
From the tunnel, the trail goes up to Kiharu and then up to the waterfalls before embarking on a steep ascent back to the start point.
The hiking route follows the Kijabe river with a series of several stunning waterfalls and takes approximately 8-9 hours to complete the loop.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots/Shoes.
- Long Pants and Long sleeved top/light jacket recommended
- Plenty of drinking water 2-3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Any personal medication
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Snacks, Fruits, Drinks to last the hike
- Rain Gear in case it rains
- An identification card or passport
Full Package – Kes. 2950
Self Drive – Kes. 1900
Abseiling: Kes. 1800
- Citizen/Resident Entry Fees
- Return trip transport for the full package
- Hiking Charges
- Guides Fee
- Security Ranger
- Non Resident Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Transport costs for Self-drive
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Kijabe)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
All Booking Terms and Conditions apply