Kimakia Forest & Falls Hike
Available Date: 4th March 2023 | Any other private day
Grading: Moderate 15km
This trail is located at the boundary of Gatanga in Muranga County with Gatundu North in Kiambu County. The drive to the start point is scenic, winding through the tea fields of Gatura and Kiarutara. Set in the Southern Aberdares forest, the trail starts from an old fishing camp and leads to the forest full of indigenous trees. The trail is well-covered providing much-desired shade from the sun. The trail then goes down to a giant mugumo tree before crossing the Chania River and then following the Ragia river to the double-tier waterfall.
The trail is relatively short but very adventurous with multiple river crossings and walking on an unbeaten trail. A walking stick would be ideal to help you wade across the rivers. The trail takes only 4 hours if you start at the water intake point or 6-7hours of you start at the fishing camp.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots/Shoes.
- Long Pants and Long sleeved top/light jacket recommended
- Plenty of drinking water 2-3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Any personal medication
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Snacks, Fruits, Drinks to last the hike
- Rain Gear in case it rains
- An identification card or passport
Full Package – Kes. 3100
Self Drive – Kes. 1900
- Citizen/Resident Forest Entry Fees
- Return trip transport for the full package
- Hiking Charges
- Guides Fee
- Security Ranger
- Non Resident Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Transport costs for Self-drive
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-kimakia)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
All Booking Terms and Conditions apply