Mt. Longido Hike
Available Date: 22nd – 23rd April 2023 | Any other private day
Mount Longido is a rocky peak in the Mount Longido Forest Reserve located on the edge of Longido town near
Namanga. The mountain peak stands at an elevation of 2637 Meters above sea level.
Grading: Moderate 16Km
Trekking Time: 6 hours
Day 1: Nairobi – Longido
The plan is to leave Nairobi at noon and drive to Namanga border. After border clearance, we head to the
foothills of the mountain and check in to Longido mountain lodge for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 2: Longido Hike
Leave the hotel early in the morning and head out to the start point with the guide. The hike up the mountain
follows narrow footpaths through a dense natural forest. After three hours you will be at the marvelous Dawa
ya Supu viewpoint. From this point, we will follow trails created by buffaloes to reach the top in another two
The views from the top are surreal. The 360 degrees panoramic views of the surrounding plains are to die for!
On clear days you can see the nearby Namanga Hills, Mt Meru, Lengai, and Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Descend to base, return to the hotel for lunch before departing for Nairobi to arrive later in the evening.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots/Shoes.
- Long Pants and Long sleeved top/light jacket recommended
- Plenty of drinking water 2-3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Any personal medication
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Snacks, Fruits, Drinks to last the hike
- Rain Gear in case it rains
- Yellow Fever Certificate
- Covid certifucate
- Change of clothes
Full Package – Kes. 12900
Self Drive – Kes. 8500
- Return trip transport for the full package
- 1Night Accommodation in rooms
- Meals on full board (Dinner, Breakfast & Lunch)
- Mountain Entry Fees For Citizens
- Hiking Charges
- Guiding Fees
- Non Resident Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Transport costs for Self-drive
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Longido)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
All Booking Terms and Conditions apply