Nguruman Hike & Swim
Available Date: 24th June 2023 | Any other private day
Grading: Moderate – Difficult 20km
Located on the South-Western border of Kenya to Tanzania is the western wall of the great rift valley. The Nguruman escarpment rises 2,300m from the plains of Kajiado only at 900m above sea level. This spectacular 1,300m wall forms an interesting ecosystem of forests, rivers, waterfalls, and dry savannah bushland.
Our adventure starts with a drive down past Ngong Hills, Oloroka range, Mt. Olorgesailie to the pink lake of Magadi. A quick stop to enjoy this beauty before embarking on a 45kms offroad drive across the plains to Olkiramatian. On the way is the crossing of the muddy Southern Ewaso Ng’iro river flowing down from the Mara.
The walk starts from Ngomongo village making its way through the Maasai villages to the foothills of the escarpment where the terrain shifts to a steep mountain face. The hike up is scenic with stops to look back from where we have come. Once on the upper reaches, the terrain eases to a gradual hike to the waterfall. Swimming and picnicking at the waterfall will
refresh you before the walk down back.
What to Carry
- Comfortable hiking boots/Shoes.
- Long Pants and Long sleeved top/light jacket recommended
- Plenty of drinking water 2-3 litres
- Sunhat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Any personal medication
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Snacks, Fruits, Drinks to last the hike
- Rain Gear in case it rains
- An identification card or passport
Full Package – Kes. 3850
Self Drive – Kes. 2250 (4X4 Vehicle recommeded)
- Citizen/Resident Forest Entry Fees
- Return trip transport for the full package
- Hiking Charges
- Guides Fee
- Security Ranger
- Non Resident Entry Fees
- Tips for Guides
- Transport costs for Self-drive
- Evacuation expenses.
Payment and Booking
Make payments via MPESA Paybill 695596 Account (Your Name-Nguruman)
Confirmations and queries must be confirmed with 0729 995 059 | [email protected]
All Booking Terms and Conditions apply